Monday, August 16, 2010

Party.......

So, I'm back with this weeks Summer creation #2. This card is for a challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog entitled 'Summertime Blues' i.e. produce a Summery creation with 'blue' in there. I used a great 'House Mouse' stamp I've had for a while called 'Lemon Lips'..........




.......I love these two little guys - Maxwell and Mudpie apparently - they bring a smile to my face every time I see those pouty little lips!

I coloured with a combo of Copic's and Prisma's/Gamsol and it was a little tricky let me tell ya! Me being me, I bought the stamp cause I liked it, but never gave a thought to the colouring (you'd think I would have!). Two minutes into colouring and I finally realize I have to tackle the shading of the glass, liquid through glass, ice through glass and liquid, mouse through glass, mouse through liquid and glass.......get the picture. Mild panic to say the least, however, trooper that I am, I persevered and I'm pretty proud of my first attempt.

I'm not sure which DP's I used because yet again I dug into my wagon of stash. I did use a border sticker and alpha's from the Echo Park Sweet Summertime collection. I also stamped the slice of lime and parasol separately and popped from the card.

So, cocktails anyone? I have a great little image (which I will colour one day!) of a Grandma with cocktail in hand saying "I don't care what time it is.....it's 5 o'clock somewhere!"

Enjoy......

3 comments:

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com

I love those mice!! House Mouse makes the cutest stamps!! Those bright colors are so fun too!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Christine

Oh, your card is just so sweet. I love those House Mouse stamps. They just look like they are having so much fun! Your card is just fabulous!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine

Joanne

I love it! Yes, one look at that stamp and I probably would not have even attempted coloring it!!! Good for you - it is fabulous!
Joanne xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...