Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Somebunny loves you........

I tried my hand at something new this week.....paper piecing......ever tried it? I have done various things on cards which I guess would qualify, but I've never actually stamped an image and paper pieced together. Not anymore! The challenge at Stamping Bella's Bloggabella this week was paper piecing (I wonder how many times I can say that phrase within a post before it gets annoying!). So, I set to work with scissors and craft knife in hand and came up with this.....


This is Presley, one of Lori Boyd's Lollipop images and she really is a sweetie. I used two DP's for the bodice and skirt of the dress and I have to say, I'm lovin' the look it creates. The technique is definitely a little "fiddly" on something this tiny, but once I'd ditched my craft knife for a pair of teeny tiny decoupage scissors (I've had stashed away for the past fifteen years) things got easier. I love how she turned out, so me thinks I will be trying this again sometime soon.

I coloured mainly with Copic markers and just a tiny bit of Prisma pencils. I also added a touch of glitter to her dress, and two spots of Liquid Pearls for the buttons. The DP's are Kioshi from Basic Grey together with BoBunny's Double Dot cardstock.

I think this is my latest favourite card........for now!

1 comments:

LORi

Adorable!!! Love love your paper piecing and color choices!!Woo hoo!!!

Hugs - LORi BOYD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...