Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another Birthday in da house..........

Well, I'm a little slack blogging today, but I thought I'd better post while it is still officially 7th September (here in Canada at least!). That means that a few thousand miles across the pond, my nephew celebrated his 5th Birthday today..............Happy 'B' Day! This is the card, I hope, is making it's way across that pond to find him. Meet 'Megabot'............

So, I obviously didn't have to worry too much about picking my DP's first, in order to match up to my colouring...........shades of grey sort of works with anything! Funny enough though, as soon as I chose this image, I knew which papers I wanted to use. I believe they are October Afternoon's Nightlight collection. I've used them a few times now for various projects and still have a few scraps left over. Nothing like getting your monies worth!

Now, there isn't too much excitement in the range of colours needed to produce a robot......as mentioned previously, grey pretty much does it.........so I decided to layer him up a little, to create some interest. Here's a closer look..........


I coloured with all the grey shades of Copic's and Prisma's I could find, along with my Gamsol of course. I also added a little Glossy Accents to the monitor on his chest. All in all, I think he's pretty cute! You can find the image, and a few versions on a theme, which are drawn by the talented Christy Croll, over at Tiddly Inks.

Last but not least, of course, there are challenges involved, so here's what this baby will be heading into:

Meljens Designs challenge #23 - Stripes..........to use them somewhere on your card.

Incy Winsy Designs challenge #58 - Celebrate............anything you feel the need to!

Crafty Cardmakers challenge #29 - Clean and Simple...........no flowers, frills and general 'frou frou' (not sure if that's a word.......think I made it up!).

That's all for now.

6 comments:

Unknown

Hi, this is absolutely gorgeous, I really love how you layered your robot, he is adorable and those papers are fantastic xx

Sharon

Another fabulous card Jayne! Your creations are so inspiring!

Lisa

Beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining MelJens for the Stripes challenge this week:)

Nicole

Jayne! Your card won our random winning prize at Meljen's! Be sure to grab your badge and let me know which three digis you would love to have! Congrats and thanks for playing along!! Nicole - Meljen's Designs DT Coordinator

Cor*

Perfect 5th b-day card! Wonderful papers. Great image & decoupaging! Thanks for joining in our CAS Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time round.

Jennie

Beautiful card!! It is lovely :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...