Thursday, September 9, 2010

My 'girl' lollipop........

........'you make my heart go giddy up'..........anyone singing along yet?

Well, my DD, my youngest, my 'baby' is starting Kindergarten (sniff!), so things are going to be a little different in our house. Oh, what shall I do with this extra time? My hubby is probably hoping I will clean (LOL), but let's not be too drastic here! I read a quote once, which I have kind of adopted as my own, "Housework is not harmful to your health...........but why take the risk?" Personally, aside from the emotional tug of missing my little shadow, I am secretly looking forward to.........oh, I don't know...........using the bathroom without an audience whilst having to uphold my end of the conversation!

Anyhow, shall I get to the point here......please do! I made a card, of course, to wish her a very happy, mega exciting first day. Here she is..........Ella Lollipop...........


Gotta love da Lollipop's, created of course by the talented Lori Boyd (I may have mentioned that before!). You can find a fair few of the Lollipop's in rubbah over at Stamping Bella, which leads me nicely into my next topic...........challenges.

For Bellarific Friday this week over at Bloggabella, the theme is 'back to school'..........worked out nicely! I'll also be entering this into the following:

Creative Card Crew - Back to school

The Pink Elephant - #83 Back to school

Meljens Designs - #24 Back 2 school

Do ya see a trend here?

Now for the 'deets'. I coloured with my Prisma's and Gamsol, DP's are from Martha Stewart, the notepaper, which I attacked with an EK Success punch, is from Jenni Bowlin and the school bus is a We R Memory Keepers stamp (from their awesome 'Show and Tell' line). The chipboard letters, which I covered with DP, are from my stash and I hand drew the smoke shaped sentiment.

I think we've covered everything..........except, I forgot to mention the other day, the blog candy that is up for grabs until 4th October, over on the OSAAT challenge blog. If you click on the sweet, chocolaty link in my sidebar at the right, you'll find all the details.

Big hugs, and plenty of Kleenex go out to all the Mommies (and Daddies), waving off their kidlets this week.!

7 comments:

LORi

Absolutely adorable Jayne!! You are so talented...love your color scheme!!!
You rock!!

Big Hugs - LORi

Arielle H Gordon

I agree w/ Lori - your card is just perfect in every way, Jayne! Super cute!

Sprytebyrd

Such a super cute card! Love the layout with the notebook paper and the bus is just darling!
Thanks so much for joining us in our Back 2 School challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay

How cute is this!!!!

Welcome!

Wow this is absolutely adorable!!!! I love your layout and dp's and that bus is too cute!
Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!
Krista :)

Lisa

Adorable! Beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at MelJen's this week:)

Nicole

Congratulations! You made the TOP 5 at Meljen's Designs this week!! Be sure to grab your badge and display it proudly on your blog! Hope you play along this week, too!

Nicole
Meljen's Designs DTC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...