Monday, February 21, 2011

Another 'sweetie'.........

Hi there, are you enjoying 'Family Day here in Canada? With the snow we had overnight, this roughly translates to a day stuck inside with 'the family' driving you crazy! LOL

Anyhow, thought I'd hop into blogland with a cute card. I've coloured up a super sweet Lori Boyd image, I've been meaning to get my hands on for quite some time. Her name is Nellie and she's one of the 'Spoonfuls' which you can find at by LORI Designs..............

So, I had a couple of pointers for inspiration on this card...........apart from the fact that the image is ridiculously cute, so how could you not want to colour her up!

Firstly, my local scrapbook store, Two Scrapbook Friends, are running a current card challenge on their forum, to use buttons on you creation. Say no more, although I did dig into a new variety of felt ones, which I picked up at the store last week. They're great to work with and a really great price!

Secondly, I found a sketch online at Karen Giron's Blog, The Sweetest Thing, which I thought would work beautifully
I did 'flip' it, just in case you're confused!

Lastly, and believe me, this was a complete coincidence..........there is another colour challenge currently running over at the Lollipop Shop (home to By LORI Designs), the colour contenders being..................

I had no intention of entering this card, and had already chosen my patterned paper and coloured my image, before I checked out the challenge. Must have received some subliminal messages, cause I seem to have got the colours pretty close. The only thing I had to add was the espresso coloured card stock for matting.

So, the deets very quickly........I coloured with Copic markers, papers are Pixie Liscious from Cosmo Cricket, buttons as previously mentioned, and the 'Sweet' rub-on has been sitting in my stash forevah.......no idea which make!

That's about it for today, but I think I'll be back fairly soon this week, as I have a few things prepped and ready to go.....most unusual for me! I'm also really wanting to get another scrapbook LO done this week, but I guess we'll see.....better not be too optimistic!

Have a great day.

-----------------------------------------------

Challenges entered:

The Shabby Tea Room - #50 Buttons and Bows

Stamps R Us - For the Girls

Stampin' Royalty - #59 Mark It Up (use markers)

Creative Belli Blog - #111 Felt or Fabric

DYSU Challenge Blog - #7 Dots

Totally Papercrafts Challenge - #54 Do It With Digi's

Sugar Creek Hollow - Buttons and Bows

Simply Create - #37 Bold and Bright

CES Challenges - #24 Spots and Stripes

By LORI Designs - Colour Challenge 5

24 comments:

Pattie

Simply adorable Jayne! I just love Lori's images (btw, did you see her sale for President's Day?). And, you don't have to use the colors from the inspiration photo for this challenge...thanks for playing along in the Tea Room this week!

Heide

Super cute! Love the big green button, great coloring and fab layout.
Thanks For Joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow, hope to see more of your work.
Hugs, Heide
SCH DT

Miranda

gorgeous Jayne, your card is indeed a sweetie
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

WencheP

This is just the cutest! Love the image, fantastic coloring! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Anonymous

Sooooo cute Jayne!! Nellie is adorable and I love the way you've coloured her; how do you get her hair to look shiny?!! Fab colours too. xx

Renee Matarese

Your coloring is fantastic! The big button is really cute! I must say...next to your picture you might think this was you when you were a little girl! So glad you could join us at Sugar Creek Hollow. Hope to see you again soon.
~Renee
SCH DT

Nancy

Oh, she is just a cutie!! I love your coloring of her!! Thanks for joining us this week at Sugar Creek Hollow!!

Anne

Cute as a button Jayne
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
Anne x

LORi

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE it!!

Cec

This is adorable and so bright and cheerful Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Keep It Sweet and Simple

Just adorable - love that colour combo and your colouring is fab.
Thanks for joining our 'digi' challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Nicole

Fun card - adorable image! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Melissa Bove

Very sweet card! Adorable image! Thank you so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room! :)

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR Designer

Denise

Gorgeous card. Really sweet image and the colouring is lovely as is the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at DYSU xx

Janna Werner

supersweet, jayne! thanks so much for joining us at DYSU this week :D Janna

jenny

Fabulous card....I love Nellie too :) Gorgeous dp's and the felt button looks great x

Jenny xx

Peggysue

Very pretty & sweet card! Love the DP colors and you colored Nellie beautifully. And WOW is that a bright lime green button!! Matches very well. Thank you for joining our Lots of DOTS challenge at DYSU. Please join us again!

Brook

Great card. It seems that everything just fell into place...don't you just love that? Great felt buttons too!

faithnme

OH yes she is a "cutie".. I love your felt button.. Love all the "purple" feel about your card.. Gorgeous

Sharette

Sheena

Fabby card - she is sooo cute! Love your colour choices as well. Thanks for joining us at CES this week! Sheena xx

Clare

So cute, love the colors!! thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room!! : )

marsha

How adorable! I love the image and the purple and green are just gorgeous - great coloring too! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge, we hope you will come back and play again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
SCH-DT

Sharon Basel

Well this is just the cutest card! Absolutely wonderful and so fun. The darling image looks so fabulous with your perfect coloring and your paper combination is terrific. Thanks for joining both the Sugar Creek Hollow and By LORi Designs challenges! Would love to see you play in these challenges again.
~Sharon~
SCH-DT
BLD-DT

paige

so cute! Your coloring/shading is impressive! thanks for joining us at stamps R Us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...