Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Angel.

Is it Sunday again already? What a week. Sorry for the absence, but I've been feeling pretty unwell with a horrible throat/chest type of thing, then to make things worse, I got some sort of bug midweek which kept me in the bathroom for 24hrs! I won't go into the gory details, but needless to say, my crafting table has been gathering dust, whilst I've tried to recuperate.

This morning I feel a little more human, so although I still haven't found my way back to my desk, I thought I'd post a card I made a couple of weeks ago. It's the Christmas variety of course, and again using a gorgeous image from Krista Smith over at Saturated Canary.............I still have to have my regular fix of these sweeties! Krista is having a bit of a Christmas link up party at the moment, so this baby will be heading over there.

This is a first for me though as I took the plunge and coloured on Kraft card stock. Yes I know it's not exactly groundbreaking, but it's the first time I've actually gotten around to trying it.....call me a late developer! Anyhow I'm loving the softness of it, so here goes.............

I kept things pretty simple for this card, cause I just love this image, sweet and innocent, with just a touch of sparkle...........

Colouring is with my Prisma pencils today and I'll let you into a little secret...........a mistake shall we say! You see those lovely red and blue baubles? Well they were originally red and gold, to co-ordinate beautifully with the rest of the colour scheme, but this is what happens when you layer Glossy Accents over a metallic pencil crayon..........you could end up with any variety of colours, but definitely not the one you first intended!!

Papers are from My Minds Eye Lost & Found 2 Christmas, as is the sentiment stamp.

Have a lovely Sunday and hopefully I'll be back during the week with something new.
Take care
Jayne.x.

6 comments:

JanR

Gorgeous! You totally rocked the colouring on kraft. Glad you're feeling a bit better!

Doreen

A gorgeous card Jayne,beautifully coloured image,I haven't tried stamping on to craft yet.xxx

Dee

Welcome back and so glad you are feeling better! This card is so lovely! The little gal is adorable and coloured beautifully. I like the use of kraft paper for that soft look. The baubles look perfect even though they were a "mistake"!!! Great job and Merry Christmas!

Kerri Boucher..

very nice and love the mishap..will def give you a vote..

paula

WooHoo, another awesome image Jayne. I just posted my Ivy that is Krista's and I LOVE her. I also mentioned you and how I found the images on your blog. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I hate when my craft table gets dusty, lol! I hate sitting on the couch not feeling like I wanna do anything. But your cards are gorjuss and I'm glad you're back to feeling better. Happy Holidays!!

Joanne

Your card is perfect! Love the image and your coloring is amazing! Merry Christmas to you!
Joanne xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...