Monday, April 30, 2012

A Monochromatic Crafty Challenge

Good morning, I hope your week is starting out OK.

Today over on the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum, as well as our ongoing Online Crop, we have a brand new Crafty Challenge for you........and I'm delivering the goods.

So, I may have given you a little hint in my title, as to the theme of today's challenge, but just to be sure we're all on the same page, I'd like to see a project showing a monochromatic colour scheme.

Your creation may be a card, scrapbook page, or any form of altered art, as long as there is only one dominant colour.  I will allow a neutral to be included i.e white/cream etc. and even a single accent colour if you feel the need, so long as there's an obvious monochrome look to the finished product..........see I'm going easy on you really! :)

I have a sample for you of course, a scrapbook page, where I went for the traditional 'Black and White'......can't go too wrong with that I guess.




As you can see it's definitely 'Monochrome'!  The only touch of colour appears in the editing of the photograph.

Papers are from Bo Bunny and the title is Maya Road chipboard covered with some of the patterned paper.  There's lots of layering, and the date is recorded with the trusty Dymo.




I die cut a couple of butterflies and used mini clothes pins for the body, together with a layer of sheer fabric for extra dimension.




The banner is also made using a die cut, together with a circle punch, some zig- zag stitching and brads.





Finally, the large flower is cut using the Slice and layered with a handmade felt center.



I hope you're feeling inspired to choose a colour and stick with it.  I can't wait to see your projects, but don't forget to upload to the Two Scrapbook Friends Gallery and Forum, to be in with chance of earning buttons.  We all know that buttons turn into gift certificates for the store, so what are you waiting for?

Have a wonderful day and I'll see you soon,
Jayne.x.

6 comments:

Laureen

Wow! Beautiful layout. I like how you did the colours only for the woman! Love the colours you did! Beautiful accents/embellishments you added to your LO!

Dee

I love this monochromatic look and must try it! The layout and embellishments are great and of course the picture is wonderful! Great challenge, Jayne!

JanR

W-o-w!!!! Gorgeous. The details are fabulous. You make me very, very jealous of your talent. (But in a nice non-mean girl way of course.)

Anonymous

This is a fabulous LO Jayne! It looks so effective in black an white and colouring just one person in the photo really draws our attention to her. It's a lovely family photo. Great details making the page so interesting to look at. Fab!!
xx

Sharlene

Beautiful page!! Love the black and white with a lots of beautiful embellishments.. Love the photo!!!

Sharon

Oh I just love B&W and you rocked it here! The tiny clothes pin on the butterfly is inspired and I love that banner.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...