Friday, April 27, 2012

National Scrapbook Day Online Crop with Two Scrapbook Friends

Hope you're having a good day so far.  I'm a little late posting on here, but there's a reason for it.
In honour of National Scrapbook Day on Saturday 5th May, Two Scrapbook Friends are hosting a week long On-line crop filled with fun, prizes and of course a few challenges along the way.

The crop goes live at 3.00pm today (hence my delayed post) and you have until midnight on Sunday 6th May to upload your beautiful creations, and be in with a chance of winning some goodies.  All you have to do to be able to play along, is become a member of the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum (if you're not already) and get scrapping!

So now that we have all the deets out of the way, let's get down to business.

Each of the DT are issuing a challenge and this years theme is focusing on techniques.........a little nudge to encourage you to try something old, new, or just forgotten on your project.

My challenge, I'm thinking is pretty simple and will 'have you in stitches'!

Are you with me?

Yes SEWING.  Machine or hand but definitely not faux!  This challenge requires the real deal, so it's all or nothing baby.  Your project may be a scrapbook page, card, altered item or any paper related craft, so without further ado, here's mine.

A layout entitled "A Perfect Day".




I love this line of papers from My Minds Eye......'Follow Your Heart', so versatile.

Instead of machine stitching, as I have on most of my pages/cards recently, I decided to go back to the old hand sewing.  The letters for my title are cut from a piece of canvas (using my Slice) and then I stitched through the center of each one.




I added a couple of banners to the top corner wrapped with a little twine.  The hexagons, which are a really popular trend right now, are individually cut from a sheet of the paper, then glued or randomly 'popped' onto the page.





Journalling is printed using Word and one of my favourite fonts 'Batik Regular', onto a die cut (again using my Slice), with another banner, a button and a few dew drops.  Before I show that photograph though, I have to share a little story.

You know you've been married a while when:

You've completed your layout and you're giving it one final look over before it disappears into the album, when, you look at the journalling date and think "I don't think that is the date of our Wedding Anniversary?".

So then you have to go and ask your husband "What is the date of our Anniversary?".

You then realize you've got it completely wrong (!) which means you have to re-type, re-print and re-stick the new date over top!




But of course, I was going for the random layered look all along! :)

So that's all from me, I hope you'll get a chance to join in with the festivities as we always love to see what you create, but most importantly have fun.

Enjoy your day and I'll see you next week (unless I make the effort before then!).
Take care,
Jayne.x.

2 comments:

Sharon

Love your hexagons Jayne! And a lovely layout as always, so many pretty things to look at.

Laureen

Beautiful as I mentioned in the forum! Great thumb up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...