Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One of those days!

Not for me today actually....happy mood again!

This is just the theme of today's card.....I've certainly had a few days like this believe me!

The current challenge over on the Saturated Canary Challenge Blog is April Showers, so as this little lady has been coloured and sitting very patiently on my desk, waiting for you know who to finally put her on a card, I thought I'd better.
It's time to 'Cheer Up'..........





As the title suggests, the name of this digi is 'One of those days', and you can find her as also previously mentioned, over at Saturated Canary.

She's coloured with Copic markers and I've added a little distress ink around the image too..........




Papers are some of my favourites right now from the Authentique 'Gathering' collection, and the card layout is inspired by a previous sketch from The Deconstructed Sketch.  I've added a little bakers twine together with a couple of delicate tea roses ($1.50 bargain from Michael's!).



There's also a bargain butterfly (Dollarama) which I blinged a little with tiny pearls, and some machine stitching.  I'm not sure if you can catch it in this shot, but I forgot to mention there's Glossy Accents added to the raindrops in the image too.




That's it for today, so have yourself a good one and I'll be back on Friday.
Take care,
Jayne.x.
-----------------------------------------------
Challenges entered:
Saturated Canary - #15 April Showers
Rubber Redneck - #69 Colour Roundup
Stars and Stamps - Colour Challenge
Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge Blog - Use a Digi
Scrap-Creations - April Showers
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Stitching real or faux
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - #23 Ribbon or Twine
Incy Wincy Designs - #142 Digi's Only
Karen's Doodles Challenge Blog - #102 Something Spring
Lollipop Crafts - #76 Spring Fling
The Hybrid Chick - #17 Spring
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days Challenge - April Showers
Delicious Doodles - #17 Loads of Layers

21 comments:

JanR

Amazing! I love the colours.

Laureen

Liking your card very much! Love how you added everything to the card to cheer it up! I am going to check Saturated Canary :)

FAB!

Anonymous

What a fab image Jayne; wish I had long hair to hide behind sometimes, lol! Love your papers and layout. Your colouring is fab - her hair looks so glossy!
xx

Berry

This is stunning Jayne love the DP and you have coloured her beautifully thanks for playing at SC hugs Rebekah xx

Joanne

Amazing card Jayne! Your coloring is so good I thought her hair was real!
Joanne xo

Lee Mae

What a great card - love the image and the papers! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

Cynthia T

Wow! Pretty card. I love the way you tipped that DP at the upper left and placed the butterfly over it at an angle. Your creativity is amazing ;)

Donna Nuce

I love how you added the spark of orange to the brown and turquoise theme. Cute card.

Dee

I love everything about this card..the colours, the image, the layout and the use of $ store items. I have been looking to buy this image and I just may, now that I have an idea of how to do her magnificent hair. Thanks so much Jayne, for the inspiration!

Christa

Jayne I actually thought that hair was REAL!! Can imagine? I am thinking: "WOW what a genius! how did she DO THAT?" INstead I am still thinking WHAT A GENIUS!

Allison

such a lovely card
thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles
this week
Allisonx

JoAnn Ross

Great card, amazing coloring. And who wouldn't want that gorgeous hair???

Loopylou.

Hiyah Jayne!
oh I love this! I love the bright butterfly and the sentiment!
Thank you so much for popping in and sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou xx

Julie

Cute card, thanks for joining us on the card caravan at The Hybrid Chick.

dragonllew

Great card love the hair you colouring is fab thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.
Jenny x

coldwaters2

Absolutely gorgeous card Jayne loving the image also those wonderful papers and the design, thank you for joining our challenge this week at Crafty sentiments
Hugs
Lorraine x

fionalawlor

Fab card! I love your papers and the butterfly is gorgeous :) Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles for our "Something Spring" challenge. Fiona x

Caroline

I love Saturated Canary images so much, and this one reminds me of how I looked after picking the kids up this afternoon from school! Love those resin roses, they are gorgeous! If only we had a Michaels in the UK! Love your card, and thank you for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap Creations! Hugs Caroline x

Carolyn Wolff

Awesome image and card Jayne. I have had a lot of those days lately too. Your card made me smile though.

sandra's crafty corner

fantastic!!!!!!!!!! thanks for joining us at cardmadsfairy digi days, and good luck, hugs sandra xxx

Holly/Rubber Redneck

Awesome card!! I love all your little details on it!! Thanks for playing along with the Color Round Up Color Challenge! Congrats you won the Color Round Up badge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...