Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Post traumatic stomach bug stress.....but things are looking up!!

Good afternoon happy bloggers!  Last week was not a particularly good week....I've had better for sure.  Slowly one by one we all came down with a delightful variety of tummy bug, shared by my youngest.  You've gotta love the bugs that are shared via Kindergarten.....such a great variety, new one each week!

Anyhow today is looking much better, the sun is shining, we have a long Easter weekend to look forward to, and hopefully I may even get some crafting done.....you never know.

It's safe to say I didn't manage any over the last week or two, but I had finished my recent Design Team projects from Two Scrapbook Friends, so I thought I'd show those during the next few days.

For this kit I was given a great selection of papers and stickers from the new Echo Park "This & That" 'Charming' collection, together with some yummy trim and Prima canvas flowers thrown in....just what a girl likes!

So after getting down to business, I came up with a few scrapbook pages, a card, and of course the usually dreaded (for me anyhow!) altered item.

Today though, it's a scrapbook page.....'Beautiful Daughter'.......



I've had these photo's of my eldest forever, sitting on the back burner, waiting for me to maybe get around to putting them on a page one day.......finally.....done!  They're not a particularly astounding example of good photography, but I just love how the camera captured her personality perfectly........beautiful! (and I know I'm biased of course!!)

I layered a couple of the sheets of PP over one another, and turned to the good old sewing machine
to stitch together.....can't get enough machine sewing these days since I dusted it off a few weeks ago.  I slotted a little sentiment tag between the layers, which I'd cut from another sheet of PP.





Most of the embellishments on the page come from the sticker sheet you can find in the collection, some of which I popped with foam dots to create a little depth.




I made the little 'poofy' border by using a single hand stitch, periodically along the tulle.





So that's about it for now, but I'm going to be a really well behaved blogger, and get tomorrow's post all prepped and ready to go.

See you then
Jayne.x.





6 comments:

Unknown

Jayne sorry you have been poorly glad to see you are on the mend , What a fantastic page I love the colour, its so lush.
The flower is fab ,such lovely detail on this page I love the ripped paper with Sweet on it, Just lovely Jayne well done Hugs Elaine

JanR

Lovely! I adore what you did with the tulle.

Dee

I'm glad you are better, because I miss your posts! Love the tulle and popped stickers...I must try that. Your daughter is truly beautiful, as are both your girls!!!

Carolyn Wolff

So sorry to hear your family had 'the bug'. That is just awful.

On a more delightful note, your layout is amazing. I love the technique with the tulle.

Anonymous

Sorry, you've all been unwell Jayne. I hope, by now, you're all well as I'm late catching up with you.
This is another beautiful LO!
xx

Joanne

Just a delightfully sweet page! I love all the pink!
Joanne xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...