Monday, August 6, 2012

The Coolest Kid

Happy Monday to you, hope you're having a good one.  Our house is on a weeks vacation which has so far meant finally catching up on laundry with the new washer (that actually works (!!)......three's a charm they say!), and completely decluttering my bedroom.  Yay for vacation....gotta love the rest and recuperation.

Anyhow everyone in the house seems to be doing their thing at present, so hopefully no-one will miss me while I sneak on here.

A card for you today and this one was given to my eldest dd for her Birthday a while ago.  I usually tread on thin ice creating cards for her.....has to be cool.....has to be pretty, you know the drill.  I think I covered the main two criteria with this one, but the real reason I think it's perfect for her is 'the look'.  You know 'the look', the one they give you when (in their opinion) you're being very 'Mom'ish, uncool, generally behaving like......a parent!  Well this image has it to perfection......'the look'!


See what I mean?

It's the first time I've coloured this image, which is a Lil' Lolita digi from Tickled Pink Stamps, even though it's one of my faves and been sitting in my stash forever.

Papers are from Authentique 'Journey' and colouring is with Copic's.



I messed up the hair a little because I chose 3 colours I wanted to use, then immediately paid no attention and coloured her whole head with the medium shade.  I had no choice then but to shade with my darkest colour and also streak a little black through there too.

The sentiment is printed from Word, and a fine line marker adds the final touches.




That's it from me so have an awesome day.  We're hoping to hit the beach at some point......beats doing laundry anyhow!
See you soon,
Jayne.x.
-------------------------------------------------
Challenges entered:
Incy Wincy Designs - Sugar and Spice (Girlie)
Lollipop Crafts - #85 Monochrome
The Poodles Parlour - Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts - #128 Monochrome 
Digi Doodle Shop Challenges - #119 Ribbons and Bows 
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenges - #122 Anything Goes 

15 comments:

Doreen

This is gorgeous Jayne,love the image and all the fab details.xxx

Joey

Jayne this is fantastic, great image and love your colour choice. Joey x

Caz

This is gorgeous, Jayne...Thank you for joining us at Craft your Passion, and good luck.

Caz, CYP DT

Sheryl

Hi Jayne this is gorgeous. I love your choice of colours. The sentiment is brilliant too.
Great to see you at INCY WINCY this week- hope we see you again soon.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Sonia

Totally Gorgeous, love Monochromatic in blue, I really like that image.
Wonderful creation!
Great JOB!~
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. Good Luck!~
-Sony LC-DT
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Dee

Great card and great image! Oh, and by the way....just wait until she is 15!!!

Pia S

That kind of look you can only get from a teenager! This image really has its charm though, and I like the color scheme. The chevron paper looks fab too.

Jenz Bitz 'n' Bobs

Fab card Jayne. Love the colours and layout. Great ribbon and bow. Thanks for joining in this weeks Challenge at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges. Jenny x

Sharon

Amazing Jayne! Love the sentiment and the "look"!

~ Barb

I think you have struck the perfect balance of pretty and cool. A special image for a special card. Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
{Hugs} Barb, DT

Myrto

I love monochromatic and you succeeded in it! Very cool! Thanks for playing along at Incy Wincy designs.

Joanne

Wow Jayne! I love your card! The image is awesome and you did an amazing job on colouring it - especially the hair.
Joanne xo

Evelina Wikberg

Fab card. Love the image and papers. I can see what you mean with the 'look' lol. Thank you for joining us at Craft your Passion. Hugs Eva GDT xx

Christa

So funny! I know that look exactly..wait I am getting it right now! Your card is perfect and the AUthentique is a wonderful foil for your art!

alethea

What a stunning card!! Love your colouring!! Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at CYP! HUgsxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...