Thursday, September 6, 2012

Tooth For A Pair and a sketch.

Well the kiddo's are back to school and for the first time since around May, the house is quiet and I have a little time to myself.  I still haven't quite found my way back to my scrapping closet on a regular basis, but I do have something for you today.

I thought it was about time I revealed creations from my last DT Kit from Two Scrapbook Friends, so I'm starting with a layout.  It was also my turn this week for a Sketchy Challenge on the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum, so killing two birds with one stone, I converted this one into a sketch......I'll post that at the end.

For this kit I was given products from Prima's 'Doodle-Deux' collection and I'm not going to lie to you.........when I first heard that this was the product I would be working with, my initial reaction was shock (maybe even a little horror!) but most definitely panic.

I'm not saying this line of product is bad.....it's gorgeous, it's just that it's not something I would usually buy.  I tend to steer clear of papers that are overly busy, as I sometimes struggle in deciding what to do with them.

However I'm here officially eating my words. Once I relaxed, breathed a little and started to get my hands dirty, this line was so much fun to work with, certainly the most fun I've had yet with a DT kit.

So without further ado, here goes.........'Tooth For A Pair'




As the title suggests, the theme for this page is pretty light hearted and the same goes for the layout.  Several cut strips of patterned paper form a matt for the photo, embellished with a Washi tape/toothpick flag combo.




Washi tape again comes to the rescue together with natural hemp, to form a homemade banner.



I also couldn't resist a subtle touch of doodling on there........it is called 'Doodle-Deux' after all!


 As promised here's the sketch for this layout.


If you can use it please do, and if you'd like to join in with this months Sketchy Challenge over on the Forum, we'd love to see your creations.........just upload to the Gallery and Forum by October 15th.

Well that's it from me for today but I hope to be back tomorrow with project #2.

See you then,
Jayne.x.

3 comments:

Christy

I LOOOOVE this sketch and you totally rocked it too :)

Sharon

I love the strips Jayne. So perfect. And another amazing sketch!

Dee

Love the sketch and what you have done with it! I tend to love busy paper, so this one is a favourite for me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...