Friday, December 21, 2012

Butterflies in December!

Good morning.

Every now and then I realize I still have projects to post from my last Two Scrapbook Friends DT Kit, from waaaaaaaay back in October!

So here I am again, remembering such projects.

This one's the penultimate.....still one more to be subjected to after this I'm afraid!

No, it's not a scrapbook page, or a card, it's everyone's fave.....the altered item, although there's nothing 'altered' about it really!

I saw the idea for this in a scrappy magazine (Scrap365) earlier in the year and knew I would have to tuck it away in that part of my brain which gathers cobwebs, then dig it out when I would feel inspired enough (or rather brave enough!) to attempt it.

That day must have finally arrived in October because here we go.....the first day of Winter here today, and we have butterflies!



Like I said, I can't lay claim to this idea, however I am really pleased with my version.

The cage is made from one sheet of white cardstock and decorated with vines and an abundance of patterned paper flowers, all using Authentique's 'Original' collection of course.



A couple of jewelled butterflies peek from behind the bars................


The cage is finished with satin ribbon, and the perfect sticker, found on the 'Original' collection sticker sheet.


Sweet!

Enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend.

A few more Christmas preparations left for me to do, then it's Jingle All The Way!

See you soon,
Jayne.x.

4 comments:

Dee

How wonderful to have butterflies in December! What a great job you did and this is lovely!

Sharon

Truly stunning Jayne! I can't stop looking at the picture of this project.
Merry Christmas to you!

Christa

Jayne, this is stunning! I am amazed with the frame of the cage, it looks like weathered white cast iron. Gorgeous.

Joanne

Such a great project!! I totally love it!
Joanne xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...