Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wagons roll......Little Red One's that is!

Hi there, it's Wednesday and we're mid way through March break so do you have that frazzled look about you yet?

Things have been busy in our house, with various excursions to keep the little people entertained.

I had to jump on here today though to share my happy news.

I'm more than pleased to say I'll be joining the creative talents of the ladies over at Little Red Wagon, so tune in every Wednesday, where I'll be digging into my own 'fully loaded' wagon of stash to create some suitably awesome cards!

My cardmaking mojo has been slightly lackluster recently, so I'm hoping this will be the kick start I need to get things moving again.

Anyhow, it's time to get down to business with this weeks challenge.

Rosanne asked us to use a 'window' die or image, so after trawling through my digi's and stamps I realised I didn't have any suitable images!

Just as well then, that I have a suitably awesome die that would work just fine.

Here goes:


I wanted to create a typical living room wall complete with dado rail on the front of the card, so I chose 'wallpaper' themed prints..........some your Mom would be proud of!  Papers are from Authentique's 'Lively' collection.

There's a piece of acetate behind the die cut window to create the panes of glass, and the tree digi has also been sitting in my stash forever, from Lauretta's Digital Stamps.



I'm thinking this will eventually be my hubby's Anniversary card, which isn't for another few months but there's nothing like being prepared ahead of time..........for once!

I was really pleased to find the sentiment sitting in my stash ,from probably a couple of years ago ( a freebie from Melonheads I believe) and it's so apt as I've known my better half since we were children.





 Colouring for this one is with Prisma pencils and OCMS and I admit I went a little overboard with the clouds!





 Well that's it for my first LRW challenge but don't forget to hop on over to the challenge blog and check out the creative talents of the rest of the DT.  I hope you'll also join me again next Wednesday when I'll be hosting my first challenge!

Till then, I'll be back here again on Friday with something.......well I'm not quite sure what actually......I have so many things to choose from for once!

Enjoy the rest of your week,
Jayne.x.

10 comments:

Carolyn Wolff

Your card is amazing. I love your window and that tree image is awesome. You will have to give me a cloud lesson sometime. I love them too.

Joanne

This is awesome Jayne! I love your living room scene and the wallpaper! Plus, I adore all the clouds - it makes for a bright and happy card!
Joanne xo

Tracey

Congrats on jumping into the wagon!! Love your card!!!

JanR

This is absolutely fabulous, Jayne! Love the concept and your colouring is wonderful. And, I think you're clouds look perfect.

Tammy

Welcome aboard Jayne!! You've out done yourself for your first DT card with us--great concept and details!

Regan

oooh i love this

Rosanne

A wonderful card Jayne!

Anonymous

Brilliant! Love the view through the window and the perfect sentiment.
xx

Deanna

Beautiful Jayne!

Welcome!

I love this Jayne!!! That is the perfect sentiment! Congrats on the new wagon spot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...