Friday, May 3, 2013

My Girl.

Today kicks off the start to a ten day celebration over on the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum, in honour of National Scrapbook Day.

Our online crop begins at 3.00pm today and runs all next week, so if you'd like a little inspiration and a lot of fun, head on over and jump into some of the challenges we have planned.

As always there are prizes involved and to sweeten the deal, there's also a 'Progressive Blog Hop' beginning at 7.00am in the morning........not your ordinary Blog Hop.......nope, a Progressive Blog Hop!

If you don't know what one of those is, you'll just have to join us, starting at the Two Scrapbook Friends blog tomorrow.

Today however, I'm here to deliver my challenge as part of the online crop festivities.

Each of the design team members plus the 'two friends' have posted a challenge relating to Scrapbooking (obviously!) or even cardmaking.

I thought for my challenge I'd concentrate on one element of scrapbooking/cardmaking which can really add a whole load of interest to your creation..........TEXTURE!

I love to add texture to my pages and cards because there's a bunch of ways to do it, from the basic........think crumpling/distressing paper or adding a touch of fabric or ribbon to your project, to the more involved.......using texture pastes and masks etc.

Whichever method or embellishment you choose you certainly won't be disappointed with the results.

Here's my layout for today:

My Girl.


There's a whole bunch of texture on here, most of it via pretty simple methods.

First up - cheesecloth, wooden stars, pleated paper strips and an enamel flower.


Next - a linen/crochet flower, some fabric trim and another wooden embellishment.


Finally - micro beads added to some Thickers.


Let's not forget also the torn/distressed edge of the paper and some simple stitching......both easy ways to add a little more texture.

Papers, just in case you need to know are from the My Minds Eye 'Follow Your Heart' collection.

That's about it from me, but I'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning for the 'hop'!

Have a great weekend,
Jayne.x.

1 comments:

Dee

Oh Jayne, this layout is so beautiful and so is the cutie in the picture. I love the pink, the use of so many textures. Thanks for the list of ideas for obtaining textures...you are awesome!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...