Monday, July 22, 2013

Cherish.

Hi there.

A layout today I think.

It feels like this one was completed eons ago, as I've been so sporadic with my blogging!  It was actually one of the creations from my previous DT Kit from Two Scrapbook Friends using the 'Bumble' collection by Adorn It.

This page is fairly vintage, completely different from the first page I produced, which you can check out here.

The background paper is not my usual taste and one I would normally have skipped right past and probably used the reverse, but when I saw it I knew I had the perfect photo to pair with it........one my In-laws had left with me during their visit last Christmas.  It captures the youthful image of my hubby's Nan around the age of 18 or 19, circa 1935!

Scrapbooking these types of photographs makes me nervous, even though I love the history involved and feel they're always guaranteed to be pretty cool.........no pressure huh!

Anyhow, enough chit-chat:

Elizabeth Kinsey Fieldhouse.



This collection includes a great co-ordinating set of die cuts, so I put the flowers and foliage to good use, together with one of their stickers and some bling from my stash.


I layered up some more embellies over a piece of cheesecloth..........


and I was so glad to finally be able to use these cute 'pennant' Thickers I've been hoarding!


The inked doily fits in nicely with the vintage theme and the lacy border around the photograph if fussy cut from another sheet of patterned paper, then hand stitched on there.

This one will definitely be entered in the album as I'm not gettin' fussy with it no more!

Have a great day and I'll be seeing you around the middle of the week.

Take care,
Jayne.x.

3 comments:

JanR

This is just lovely, Jayne! Perfect showcase for the photo. I must say, I admire your bravery for stitching on the photo.....I would be way too chicken to do that!

Dee

Oh Jayne, this is beautiful. I just came across my Mom's wedding picture, and this has given me an idea of how to scrap it. The paper, embellies and layout are so perfect for this wonderful photo. It definitely is ready for "the book"!!!

Tracey

This is so very pretty Jayne!! I love it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...