Friday, September 20, 2013

Two Scrapbook Friends 'Around The World' Crop!

Hello and welcome to the Two Scrapbook Friends 'Around The World' Crop!



As promised the other day, the Two Scrapbook Friends (Joanne and Carolyn) together with myself and the rest of the Design Team, will be issuing a few Crafty Challenges for you this week.  You have a chance of winning one of three very cool prizes if you link up your creations over on The Blog or in The Gallery and Forum!

Sounds good huh?

So I'm here today with my challenge.

When I think of travel and the endless array of countries accessible to us in this day and age, I think 'Food'!

I admit, I'm a total 'foodie'!

Nothing pleases me more than eating good food, sampling new dishes, and the vast and varied flavours we associate with different parts of the Globe.

I do however draw the line at bugs........deep fried or otherwise!

Anyhow, this is my challenge to you.

Create something crafty.......a scrapbook page, card, altered item or whatever you please, with a particular food or drink in mind.

Think pizza, pasta and gelato from Italy.  Oriental dishes from the
Far East.  Fish and chips with a cup of tea from the good old UK or even a curry and mango lassi from India.

Mmmmm my mouth is watering already!

Having mentioned a few exotic, taste bud teasing varieties of food and drink, my scrapbook sample does in fact showcase something a little closer to home...........the totally delicious, low calorie (ahem!), good old fashioned 'Milkshake'!

Here goes:



I love the colour scheme of this new collection I picked up from the store the other day........Rough & Tumble by Carta Bella.

I set to work on the background paper with stencil and mist, and doodled wherever I felt the urge...........



My usual dose of wooden embellishment is layered in there, and also some subtle 'checkerboard stamping here and there.



Finally, a little sewing to finish things nicely.



So are you feeling inspired to go create your own taste bud teasing work of art?

Me...........I'm off to raid the fridge!

Don't forget to check out the challenges and creations from the rest of the DT as I guarantee you'll be suitably impressed.  The links to their blogs are over there in the sidebar on the left.

Also, remember to hop on over to the Two Scrapbook Blog where you can check out all the deets of important stuff you need to know.

Well that's about it from me so have a great weekend.

I'm off on Saturday for a full day of scrapping with an awesome bunch of gals.......can't wait........just have to actually pack something!

See you soon,
Jayne.x.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...