Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bliss........and a Crafty Challenge.

Good morning.....yes here I am again, less than a day after my last post and I still have Internet!

Oh it feels good to be on-line.

I thought I'd better catch up on a few things, first and foremost a layout I thought I'd posted a couple of weeks ago.

Obviously hadn't!

This one is for the Crafty Challenge I'm hosting this month over on the Two Scrapbook Friends blog.  All you need to do is link up your own entry to be in with a chance of winning a gift certificate to the store.

I do love a good colour combination and quite often scour Pinterest and other websites for inspiring examples.

I found a particularly cool colour combo a little while ago over at Design Seeds (Hint: If you're ever wondering which colour to pair with that particular shade of puce (what colour is puce anyhow?!), this is the place to go.........the photographs alone are enough to kickstart the mojo!).

Anyhow, with this in mind I decided to issue a 'Colour Challenge' as this months Crafty Challenge.

Here are your 'colour contenders':



Nice!

Now you don't have to match the colours exact, as long as there is a definite influence in your creation.

I felt these tones would work beautifully for a Fall page, so for my example, I took the liberty of introducing a little 'red' and 'burnt orange' into the equation too (can't possibly have a Fall page without a little orange now can we?!!)

Bliss.


There's a lot of fussy cutting on here to create the scattered leaves.


I also went to town on the paper layers with four different border punches.


One of my new fave effects is the distressed edge, created using Distress Ink and a Bo Bunny stamp I picked up at the store some time ago.


Papers are definitely from my stash......Imaginisce from at least a couple of years ago I would think, and that just about rounds things up nicely.

Feel free to join in with this months challenge if you get a chance.
You can check out the Two Scrapbook Friends blog post and where to enter here.

Alrighty, I'll be back again tomorrow as it's time for our Little Red Wagon challenge once again.  By that time you'll be totally sick of me after 3 days in a row!

Have a great day,
Jayne.x.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...