Friday, November 1, 2013

Way Back When.........

Happy Friday to you!

We braved the awful weather last night for a little wet and windy Trick or Treating.  My youngest got half way down the street and decided that was enough.........this from the one with the sweet tooth, but absolutely no complaints from her soggy wet chaperon!  Even so, I think we have enough of a stash to keep them on a sugar high for a little while still!

I'm back today with a layout as promised - the final page from my Two Scrapbook Friends DT Kit using the 'Trail Mix' collection from Bo Bunny.

As mentioned in my first post here, I like the challenge of taking a particular themed collection and using it for something totally different........this page is no exception.

I avoided the outdoorsy/fishing/camping type of theme (cause anyone that knows me will know that's definitely not me.....too many bugs!) and took the vintage/eclectic/industrial route on this one.

Inspiration is the sole courtesy of the genuinely original 60+ year old photo's, passed to me by my Father-In-Law.

Here's 'Way Back When'.


Hmmm where to start?

I finished this page around 3 months ago so I have to remind myself what I put on there!  I do love the patterned background though......'Parquet' flooring I believe.......reminds me of the gym floor at my Elementary school back in England, many moons ago!

Let's start at the top shall we?


Metal gears/cogs, a die cut doily and cute Maya Road pennant paper clip, layered over distressed papers.

In the next section, pretty brads and a border of pleated paper (attacked with my Crop-a-dile!) together with journalling printed onto vellum.


Finally, some of my faves.........a pin, leaves and fabric flower combo, together with a gorgeous antique key, tied with the cutest ribbon onto a fabulous vintage photo slide frame........love them all!


I have to give thanks to my scrapping buddy Carola for the key, whose love of shopping for crafty goodies ensures my pages are probably far more interesting than they would normally be!

I also added a little more texture around the edge of the page, by spreading a little molding paste onto a faux cardboard stamp and slapping it down onto the page here and there.

Well I think I've covered all of the important bits, so time for me to go.

I'm pleased I've actually stuck with the plan this week and got my posts on here regularly.

Maybe this will rub off onto next week too.....ya never know!

Have a great weekend, see you soon,
Jayne.x. 

5 comments:

Dee

This page is wonderful with all the techniques and embellies you have used. I absolutely love it!!!

Christa

Whoa! Jayne this is stunning! So many little bits of goodness I am in awe. Great page!

Chris

Hi Jayne, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Sharon

Love all the layers and distressing Jayne!

mn36

Wonderful layout Jayne..Love it!
I am hoping to use your title WAY BACK WHEN so appro for my page for 1946!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...