Monday, September 15, 2014

Inspiration Elevator #27 - Go BIG or Go Home.

Good morning.......a delightful Monday morning no less!

It also happens to be the 15th of the month, which means it's time for another generous helping of inspiration from all of the creative ladies at Inspiration Elevator.

Our main purpose here at IE is to challenge ourselves, each other and YOU to take the creative process to the next level;  to inspire growth and change in our scrapbooking beyond the mundane.

You can see all of Inspiration Elevator's previous challenges at our blog and catch us on Facebook .

We are thrilled to welcome back as a guest designer with our team, the very talented Christine Meyer!

This month's challenge is issued by the creative Christa Uttley. Here is her challenge for us, in her own words:

 GO BIG OR GO HOME: Scrapbookers as a rule use what photos they have on 
hand or if you are designing, whatever pictures allow you to best 
showcase your lines or express your paper lines. This month's challenge 
is to be very deliberate about your photo choice because we are going 
BIG! Bigger than 8x10 if you can do it. Recently, I saw a friend using a 
12x12 she had printed at the local
Costco and was stunned at the power this GIANT image had on her story
telling. (If you'd rather not spend any extra on your photo then scrap
those large baby pictures or a wedding shot you have lying around.)
Think scenic vistas or think about all the details that go missing in
your world and blow them up. Be brave!
 Here are the MUST DO's: Must be at least 8x10 in size. We want this
GIANT photo to take centre stage and tell the story in a big way.

So there you have it........BIG is the word!

I must admit, this kind of challenge has been on my scrapbooking bucket list for quite some time.  I'm so glad I finally get the nudge I needed in order to accomplish the task.

I chose a photograph from our recent camping trip, and had the print developed at Costco as an 8"x12" for $1.99.......pretty reasonable I'd say!  I'm already thinking of my next 'oversized' project, but first, here's the result of this month's endeavor:

Summer Daze


There's one thing for sure when you're scrapping large photographs - you can complete a page fairly efficiently as there isn't an awful lot of room to fit too much on the page!

I started with the 'Homemade' collection of papers from Pebbles, and if you were over here on Friday when I posted this layout, you may remember me saying how much I LOVE this line.  I actually did run out and buy extras to make sure I could complete another 1 or 2 pages with them!

Today's effort is page #2.

Layers of torn paper and 'faux' stitched edges create the background........


The pretty flowers are fussy cut from a sheet of PP, and there's a vine tucked in there from a Silhouette cut file.


Another fussy cut flower, plus a single piece of flare provide the sunshine........


Finally the title is made up of Thickers and another Silhouette cut.........



That's just about all.

Here's a list of this months participating designers......we encourage you to check out each of their creations, then head on back to try the challenge yourself:

Jayne Morgan - that's me!


Now it's your turn to 'Go Big' and get creating.  Just remember to link up over at the IE blog as we'd love to see your 'BIG' inspiration!

Have a great day,
Jayne.x.

8 comments:

Lisa Spiegel

faux stitching? Sure looks real from here!! I love this format photo...next time I'm trying this size..I just love how your page turned out!

Ann

What a fabulous summery page - love your layers and faux stitching. What a great collection to use for this photo!

wendipooh13

soooo amazing!!! can't believe your sewing is faux!!! and great embellies for the page!!

JanR

Stunning, Jayne! I've always loved the "big photo" look and you rocked it. And that faux stitching!! I had to look at the closeup before I'd believe it was faux. So cool!

Mendi Yoshikawa

Such a beautiful layout! I saw it over on Scrapbook.com and had to come over to tell you how wonderful it is. I never would have thought of using the Home+Made papers like this so it feels so unexpected. :)

Sharon

Amazing Jayne! You have inspired me to go back to this type of scrapping again.

LisaM

Such an amazing fun summer page!

Tracey

I am so loving this page Jayne! It's gorgeous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...