Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Kisses.

The starting of a head cold for me today, shared with me by my darling daughters, so I feel sorely tempted at this precise moment to lay my head down right where I sit and probably drool a little into the keyboard........but NO!

On with the show and a layout today.

For the last couple of weeks I've been working on two new DT Kits for Two Scrapbook Friends, so I'm starting with a collection called 'Truly Scrumptious' by The Paper Loft.  I might be persuaded to launch into a rousing Mary Poppins medley, if only my throat weren't quite so sore.......saved by the bell I guess!

Anyhow, for some reason I had a real roller coaster ride of inspiration when completing my last four pages........first one eh OK, second liked it, third hated it, fourth loved it.......get the picture?

So today you're stuck with....."eh OK".

Better than "hated it' I guess!

I should clarify the reason for it being 'eh ok', and I'll do just that in a moment (hint: it was my own doing!) after I've posted said culprit.

Kisses




There's actually quite a lot I do like about this one.........love the photo of course - hubby and eldest DD.
Every time I look at it, it seems as though she's in the midst of an 'awwwwww shucks' moment, whereas in reality it was a typical tween mid 'what are you "doooing" kinda thing!

I quite like the effect of the Pearlescents from Bo Bunny, which I worked over a doily stencil using a palette knife.  Also the raised border edge, which was cut using my Silhouette.


I love the switch of cheesecloth, spritzed with a couple of shades of mist to help co-ordinate.


Also love the layered border strips and the chipboard heart, roughly covered with a little yellow embossing powder (my old/new scrapbooking fave!)


Fussy cut popped hearts.....not my fave and not entirely as I envisioned but I can live with them.


Now we get to the real reason for my self inflicted 'dis'like of this page.

Upon returning form the store with this collection in hand, I had a few ideas running through my head and wanted to jump right in there.  I had decided to use a little water colour on the corners of the paper, and knew I should prep the page with a little Gesso first to prevent that horrible wrinkly page effect.

Nope......too eager to get on with things, no time (or patience!) to sit around waiting for stuff to dry........let's go.....water colours and stencils it is!

Closely followed by that horrible wrinkly page effect when things eventually dried out (with a little help from a heat gun!), then made worse with the use of my iron to try and flatten things.  Of course this meant the page only curled and wrinkled more.

From then on it was a downward slippery slope of 'eh' ness trying to make amends for my foolishness eagerness in the first place.

Ah well,lesson learned and I'll take heed from the things I do like.

Moan over with for today.  I think it's probably time for a warm drink and Advil!

Tomorrow is Wednesday which means I'll be back ready for a new challenge over at Little Red Wagon.

Enjoy your day and I'll see you then,
Jayne.x.

2 comments:

Joanne

Your layout is lovely, Jayne! I adore how you used the Pearlescents with a stencil! It looks gorgeous! And all your details are perfect.
Joanne xo

Kerry

Such a pretty layout but not too over the top feminine to make hubby uncomfortable!! Love the hearts and the pastel colour scheme.xx
P.S. I can't apply for the DT call as I live in the UK (insert sad face!). Thanks for hint though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...