Saturday, September 6, 2014

Love You To The Moon

Happy Saturday!

We made it through the first week of school, or part week anyhow!  Only another 40 something to go.

I didn't quite make it back here yesterday as time ran away with me.  We're having a mini Spring Fall clean out.....tidying out the garage ready for Winter, having a clothing clear out, so yesterday I managed to find 8 bag loads for the consignment store.

I've yet to tackle the coat closet.......almost afraid to venture in there!

Anyhow, I am here today and I have the second layout from my Two Scrapbook Friends DT Kit using the 'Ahoy There' collection from Carta Bella.

I mentioned in my first post here that I love the quality of Carta Bella patterned papers, and today's examples are no exception, but they do have the added bonus of including a  Kraft patterned paper.........could it get any better?!

My page is also a tribute to my DH who doesn't get scrapped all that often, although he seems to have made a few more appearances lately!

Love You To The Moon.



Ooooh look at all that white space!

Yes, I'll admit, I was itching to fill it, but nothing seemed to work so I left it 'as is'.

The main design is obviously the variety of triangles both paper (which I stitched to the page) and chipboard (which I painted with acrylic paint).


I had a completely different title and idea for this page, but when I was flicking through my stash looking for something else, I came across a package of journal kinda tags from Jillibean Soup.

A new title was born!


Of course I had to use another of those lovely nautical wooden stars, and a touch of messy stitching worked well.

Finally.........embossing powder!


My new, old, reborn love!

I've thrown this stuff on everything recently and I'm thoroughly enjoying using old stash in a new(er) way.

This time I applied it over a 'brush stroke' stamp and placed it here and there around the page.

I think that just about covers things so I guess it's time for me to get ready for work.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you next week,
Jayne.x.

4 comments:

JanR

Lovely! The triangles are awesome!

Laureen

Beautiful everything! Love it all!!!!

Kerry

I just love your scrapbook style Jayne and live in awe of your pages! I have humbly created a layout using your sketch from last week. Would love for you to take a peak!
http://scrapbooking-fortheloveofpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/big-wave-fun.html

Tracey

Loving the triangles! This is just awesome!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...