Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sketch-y Friday at Scrapmuch? - Oh Happy Day

Good morning!

Yes I am still alive and kicking after a couple of weeks absence on here.

My post today was one that was originally scheduled for Sketch-y Friday over at Scrapmuch? on 10 April, but I've had a crazy couple of weeks.....as seems the norm these days.

My hubby was in Europe for two weeks over the Easter hols, so of course I got sick while he was away......this seems to be the norm too!

A head cold/flu kinda thing kept me down and out between work shifts and Easter Bunny duties, so I hadn't been back to my blog since last Thursday to check if my scheduled post did actually publish.

Obviously it didn't, so I'm back today with the revised version!

Laura gave us another fabulous sketch to work with (incidentally, there was another posted Friday so you still have lots of inspiration and time to get your entries in before the end of the month) so here's my interpretation:

Oh Happy Day


This page records some happy memories recently, when my girls finally got to go see some of the characters from their favourite TV show - The Next Step, live on stage.

I was also lucky enough to be gifted with the perfect DT Kit from Two Scrapbook Friends this month........the 'Enchanted' collection by Simple Stories..........works perfectly for this theme!

The background paper has a nice scattering of stars, so I added a few enamel dots (which are part of the collection) and some hand drawn/glittered circles.


I also wanted to include our tickets, so I used an acetate photo overlay stapled in place to form a pocket, and a decorative paper clip to hold them in place.


Lots of paper layers, Washi tape, sequin stars and some faux brads using an Epiphany punch and epoxy overlays.


And finally, the title was cut using my Silhouette and......wait for it.......the foil lid from a Chinese take out!

Clean I might add.

I happened to find a spare in a recent order and the resourceful scrapbooker that I am.........etc. etc.


Well that's about all from me but I guess I should post Laura's Sketch before I leave........


Told ya it was a good one.

Feel free to jump in with one or all of the Sketch-y Friday challenges this month - you have four to choose from, then link up over on the Scrapmuch? blog to be in with a chance of winning some goodies.

Both Teams A and B have a whole bundle of inspiration waiting for you there too.

Have a great weekend and I'll be back next week trying to catch up on a few posts here and there.
Take care,
Jayne.x.

1 comments:

Tracey

I always love seeing a new layout by you pop up in my Reader. This page is no exception! Gorgeous work as always Jayne!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...